- This event has passed.
Crime Prevention Banquet
October 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CELEBRATING THIRTY FIVE YEARS!
October is National Crime Prevention Month. It is also the month that the city of Richmond established the City’s Crime Prevention program THIRTY-FIVE Years ago.
Your are is invited to the Crime Prevention Awards Banquet on October 20, 2018 to celebrate the City of Richmond Crime Prevention Program’s THIRTY-FIVE Years of fighting crime in Richmond. The banquet is hosted by the Richmond Crime Prevention Executive Board and the Richmond Police Department. The awards Banquet will be held at the City of Richmond’s Recreation Complex, 3230 Macdonald Avenue across the street from the DeJean Middle School from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
The Crime Prevention Executive Board will honor individuals and neighborhood watch groups that have made a significant contribution to fighting crime in Richmond. The Board is asking that you nominate such individuals or Neighborhood Watch Groups that you think deserve to be honored. Nominations can be made in more than one category. The form is on the reverse side of this letter to be used for your nomination. Duplicate copies will be accepted. Deadline is October 5, 2018 by 5:00PM.
Email nominations to Al Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online nomination form below.
Online nomination form link: https://ww04.elbowspace.com/secure/20150720135523393034
Online nomination mobile-friendly form link: https://ww04.elbowspace.com/secure/m20150720135523393034
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Volunteer of the Year
- Police Officer of the Year (Individual officers only, not groups, please)
- Neighborhood Watch Group of the Year
- Business of the Year
The criteria for nomination:
- Efforts to improve community education to reduce crime.
- Crime prevention activities performed; directed or sponsored by the individual(s)/group(s).
- Development of innovative crime prevention programs.
- Increase community awareness of crime prevention issues and activities.
- Crime prevention achievements, contributions and interaction, in coordination with their neighborhood watch team